Need for Speed Carbon
A fun and exciting multiplatform racing game
- Category Racing games
- Program license Trial version
- Size 682.09 MB
- Works under: Windows Vista
- Program available in English
- Program by EA
Need for Speed: Carbon takes the classic racing game to the next level and sends you on an adventure around the American Southwest.
When you think of racing simulation games, the name Need for Speed always comes to mind. This game series is so popular that it even inspired a film that became one of the hit sleepers of the year. As the 10th installment in the series, you might think that Need for Speed: Carbon can't possibly be as fun as the originals, but it provides just as much fun and maybe even more fun than you expected.
Like many of the other games in the series, it combines elements of racing and arcade play. You start out as a man on the run with the local police department chasing you. The game sends you on an adventure to clear your good name and make up for the mistakes you made in the past at the same time that you work criminal masterminds in the city and attempt to take control back from the cops.
One reason why Need for Speed: Carbon is so popular is because it was the first game in the franchise that let players draft. Drafting beside or behind another car takes some of the wind off your car and allows you to go even faster. As your speed increases, you must retain control of your car or risk running right into the wall and demolishing your ride.
As you race against computer generated players, your reputation will grow. You'll eventually have the chance to add more racers to your team. The game lets you select from three different characters, and each one can help you in your races as they block other cars, keep you safe on the track, and find ways for you to increase your lap times through the use of shortcuts.
Need for Speed: Carbon features some of the same vehicles that you'll find in other games in the franchise. Though many of those vehicles are muscle cars, you'll also find imports and smaller vehicles that you can buy with the money you win in races. As you build your reputation up within the game, you may never want to put down your controller.
- Impressive selection of realistic cars
- Exciting and thrilling game play
- Features popular characters from older Need for Speed games
- Multiplayer mode lets you play with friends
- Ample maps and missions that are suitable for beginners and advanced players
- Not as many vehicle options as found in previous editions
- Computer generated teammates don't provide as much help as you might expect
- Requires more hard drive space
- Moves slowly when you have less space available